You are here
Where we are
How to reach Povo (NILab-FBK)
Povo is a small town on the hills around Trento, Italy. Address: FBK, Via Sommarive 18 38123 Povo (TN) Italy
Arriving to FBK:
- By plane: the nearest airport is Catullo Airport (Verona), but other viable alternatives are also Marco Polo Airport (Venice) or Linate and Malpensa Airports (Milan). Several low cost flights depart also from Orio Al Serio Airport (Bergamo, Milan).
- By train: the Brennero railway links the Verona Porta Nuova rail station to the Trento rail station: trains depart approximately every 30 minutes and the journey lasts 1h. Trains from Milano Centrale normally depart each hour and take from 1h30 (fast train) to 2h (regional) to reach Verona Porta Nuova. Trains from Venice normally depart each 30 minutes and take from 1h (fast train) to 2h (regional) to reach Verona Porta Nuova. Link to the trains timetable here.
- By bus: from the stop outside Trento train station take bus number 5. Normally buses depart every 20 minutes and take approximately 15 minutes to reach FBK. If on the bus is displayed "Povo-IRST", step down at "Povo-IRST" (last stop). Otherwise, step down at "Povo-Scienze" stop. Tickets have to be bought before and must be validated on the bus. Link to the buses timetable here.
- By car: take the A22 motorway and exit at "Trento Sud", then follow indications for Povo. Link to the map here.
How to reach Mattarello (NILab-CIMeC)
- By main road n.12 and from the Val D'Assa main road n.349;
- By the county road, n.45;
- By the Brennero motorway (exit at Trento Sud)
By train Visit Ferrovie dello Stato website to see up-to-date schedules for the location you are arriving from as well as to purchase your ticket online. Your arrival station is Trento, from which you then take a bus or a taxi to Mattarello. See “moving around by bus” instructions.
By plane Rovereto is about 110 km from Verona airport (Valerio Catullo), 228 Km from Venice airport (Marco Polo), 233 Km from Milano- Linate airports and 68 Km from Bolzano’s new airport.
Moving around by bus
- If you are in Trento, the bus ticket can be purchased at a stand inside the train station. You get the ticket stamped directly on the bus by the "convalida" machine. The 301 bus (Timetables) comes by every 15-20 minutes and the ride should take no more than 20 minutes. The closest bus stop to CIMeC is "Mattarello - Regole”. You might want to ask the bus driver to tell you which stop it is when you arrive. In case there is a language barrier, you should know that it is the stop right after the first round-about you get to in Mattarello. Once off the bus, walk back towards Trento for about 50 meters and take a right onto Via della Rozola (across the street from the store "La Cicogna"). It will be about a 10 minute walk uphill to CIMeC.
- From Rovereto’s main bus station (via Paoli), the 301 bus (Timetables) leaves roughly every half hour.
- From Trento train station, the cost of a ride to Mattarello will be around € 13. Tel. is 0461 235383.
- From Rovereto train station: tel. is 0464 421365
- Form Rovereto bus station: tel. is 0464 421555